My second fun and engaging interactive murder mystery that can be adapted for any student grade. The focus of this one is on witness observation and deduction from visual and aural clues within the story. This resource can be used to practice a variety of different skills, including the basics of listening, writing, vocabulary and grammar or more advanced skills such as use of inference and critical thinking. Great for regular writing classes, group work, homework assignment or a fun fill in class.
The main advantage of this resource is that the teacher can mix and match the materials outlined below to work with any class. There are materials for print only, display (slideshow), multimedia classrooms, or student iPad/laptop use. This gives the teacher the flexibility to make a lesson adapted to not just the age or level of the class, but the available technology as well. In addition, there are teacher explanations for each resource.
The materials include:
1. The story video. This is an animated story about a group of 6 people attending a house party to celebrate the owner's purchase of a new painting. There is a blackout and one person will die. The students will watch and listen to find clues as to what happened to the victim and deduce the identity of the murderer.
2. A student task sheet consisting of 8 pages in PDF, containing and outline of the story, resources for recording the timeline and suspect movements, the murder scene, suspect motives, story cards and print for essay writing.
3. A set of separate motive cards with pictures of the suspects. In color and black and white.
4. The same suspect motives as a short movie. This is available as a download here and also as an online video. It can be used where listening is the focus of the lesson.
5. A separate worksheet for new vocabulary for those students that need it.
6. A 12 page PDF explanation resource for teachers.
Altogether this resource contains 34 pages in PDF.
If you've enjoyed this resource please take a look at my best selling product;
Murder Mystery - Video Based Interactive Detective Story
And other similar lessons;
Classic Literature Villains - Textual Evidence Activities
Shackleton and Endurance - Video Lesson
Fossilisation of Trixi Triceratops-Video Lesoon
The Raven-Animated Text Video
For other English, ESL or History topics please visit my store.