The latest in my murder mystery series, with this one being a little more complex for use with older or higher level students.
This is an interactive multi-media murder mystery for groups of students that is both engaging and designed to be adapted to any grade. Following the classic manor house mystery genre, the materials here can be used with students of any level for a variety of different skills, including the basics of listening, writing, vocabulary and grammar or more advanced skills such as use of inference and critical thinking. Great for regular writing classes, group work, homework assignment or a fun fill in class.
The main advantage of this resource is that the teacher can mix and match the materials outlined above to work with any class. There are materials for print only, display (slideshow), multimedia classrooms, or student iPad/laptop (possibly Google Classroom) use. This gives the teacher the flexibility to make a lesson adapted to not just the age or level of the class, but the available technology as well. In addition, there are teacher explanations for each resource.
# Please note that I have included speakers with different accents in this movie. There are American, British, Australian, Welsh voices. None of them are strong, some of them are high level computer generations. None of my ESL students had problems with these.
1. Slideshow introduction and teacher notes.
2. Vocabulary section with word tasks.
3. Alibi listening/reading cards and writing tasks.
4. Clues PDF slideshow and print version.
5. Timeline for use on student device or print.
6. Comic style reading/writing versions for device or print.
7. Essay writing task sheets for device or print.
8. Small size download versions of Investigation video and Suspects video for teachers who cannot access online versions for whatever reason.
9. Print explaining the solution to the mystery.
# Over 100 pages of materials are in PDF and in color for student devices or black and white for prints. Also, all the files contain teacher notes to explain their usage.
Similar resources on my store are here;
Murder Mystery-2-Video Story-The-Art-of-Murder
Classic Literature Villains - Textual Evidence Activities
Shackleton and Endurance - Video Lesson
Fossilisation of Trixi Triceratops-Video Lesoon
The Raven-Animated Text Video
For other English, ESL or History topics please visit my store.