Murder at the Ugly Sweater Party: A Christmas Murder Mystery Party Kit, murder mystery party, murder mystery games, clue party, mystery game
**Also available as a Virtual Party, see below**
Host a Murder Mystery Christmas Party! Great for Birthdays, Christmas, Social Groups, Office Parties, School Activities, and more!
The setting is a Holiday Party where a family has gathered for an ugly sweater party. All is fun and games...until a murder occurs! The party is broken into three segments in which guests are provided clues and dialogue cues to learn more about 'whodunit'. A murder will occur during the party, and guests will have to share clues in order to solve the mystery! Invite guests to don their best ugly sweaters! The kit contains host instructions, guest instructions, clues, name tags, character lists, and investigative sheets. 8-20+ guests can participate. The party takes 2 hours and is appropriate for all ages.
Rated with 5/5 stars on Etsy and 4/4 stars on Teachers Pay Teachers and with over 1000 sales, your guests are guaranteed to have a great time. To see the latest, for coupons, and giveaways, follow Merchant Milani on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MerchantMilaniMysteries/ and
View other party kits at https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Merchant-Milani
How to Make an Order:
1. Click on "Add to Cart" or "Buy it now"
2. Pay for the order via PayPal or Credit/Debit Card
3. You will receive the kit via email as an instant download.
Contact me if you have any problems with payment or questions about the party kit.
Hosting a Virtual Murder Mystery Party
Murder Mystery Party Kits by Merchant Milani can be done virtually through Zoom (App). The parties are just as fun virtually as they are in person and are a great way to bond with friends and family while social distancing. Some tips for success are listed below:
1. Instructions: Read the host instructions for the traditional party and then continue to review steps listed here.
2. Clues: Copy/paste the clues to each participant via email. You can provide this all at once by emailing them all 3 rounds of clues, or you can take breaks between rounds to email the next set of clues. The most ideal way is to email them between rounds (that way the killer will not know s/he is the killer, and the victim won’t know that s/he is the victim until the correct time).
3. Pacing the Rounds: This may be the most difficult part of the virtual party. A traditional party lasts 2 hours, and the virtual party may move a bit quicker since everyone will hear the clues/verbal exchanges all at once. The host needs to ensure that guests have had enough time to give all the clues and discuss them prior to moving to the next round.
4. The Murder: This occurs at the end of Round 2. The victim will be prompted to ask the host for the special materials (a sign indicating they are now a ghost and a weapon). You can forgo this part, and simply have the victim act out the death on camera. At the beginning of round 2, when guests are reading the clues, the host can state that the victim should wait until the end of the round (about 30 minutes) before acting out the death and that there are no special materials for the virtual party.
5. Investigative Sheets: During a traditional party, guests fill out the sheets with their guess as to who did it, why, and how. You can email this form and have guests email it back, or you can have guests verbally guess after Round 2 is completed.
6. Props/Costumes: Costumes are encouraged to enhance the fun! Props are not required.