Meet Mr. Bones, Mr. Skin and Mr. Muscles! Help your students learn about their skin, muscles and bones and how to care for their bodies.
*Lesson Objective: Children will learn about keeping our bones, muscles and skin healthy.
*Early Learning Standards Strands: Science
-Identify healthy behaviors (good health habits)
-Characteristics of Organisms (body parts)
*Academic Vocabulary: muscles, bones, skin, inside, outside, upside down, body, milk, strong, hustle, lift, run, throw, grow, arms, leg, chin, sunscreen
*Sight Words (Dolch/Brigance): and, with, all, what, our, your, name, why, where, when, you, one, can, run, me, help, so, to, the
*Movement Strategies: Cardiovascular, Cross Mid-line, Gross Motor
To see a sample of the this song and the movements go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tuSBqaAoleU
The download includes:
1. Introduction with Lesson Elements
2. MP3 of Muscles And Bones With Skin All Around
3. Lesson Script to help you introduce the song and movements to your classroom complete with recommended booklists and activities to reinforce the learning concept.
4. Lyrics and Movement page
5. Visual Aids for teaching
6. Bridging Activity1: Black Line Masters for printing
7. Bridging Activity2: Masters for printing transparencies
8. Activity Sheet for reinforcement
9. Parent Guide in English
10. Parent Guide in Spanish
Additional Materials needed
Clear 81/2“X11” transparency sheets
Muscles And Bones With Skin All Around/span> by Music, Movement & Magination is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.