This is a lesson bundle for the Muscular System to be used in a high school Biology or introductory Anatomy course. Diagrams, worksheets, guided notes, a web-quest, and inquiry activity are all included and answer keys for all items are provided.
Need to adjust the level of detail for your class? No problem! The PowerPoint presentation and diagrams are EDITABLE.
Please note: This is also part of my Human Body Systems MEGA-Bundle
Included in this product:
1. EDITABLE PowerPoint presentation with highlighted vocabulary, anatomical terms, and full-color illustrations
2. Student guided note page coinciding with PowerPoint
3. EDITABLE Diagrams of muscles and muscle fibers with blanks for student completion
*Diagrams are provided in both 8.5x11" and 11x14" sizes, which are perfect for inserting into binders or science notebooks.
4. Muscular system web-quest including muscle identification game and video links.
5. Inquiry student-designed lab activity in which students investigate the similarities between simple levers and joints/muscles.
*For more details and visuals of the lesson, click on the PREVIEW link above.*
-Structure of a muscle fiber
-Physiology of muscle contractions (myosin, actin, sarcomere, required energy)
-Origin, belly and insertion of muscles
-Muscle anatomy in neck, torso, leg, face, and overview of muscular system
Teaching a unit on the human body? You might be interested in my Human Body Systems PowerPoint
including thorough explanations of each body system and parts. It also includes lots of detailed diagrams and photographs.
I value your feedback. Please rate this product.
Please also take some time to review my store. Here are a few of my other products:
Animals & Dissections
Cells, Diffusion & Osmosis
DNA & Genetics
Plants & Photosynthesis
*All of my products have been tried and tested in my own classroom. I would never sell something that didn't already work for me!*
Check out my blog for more science tips, tricks, labs, and news!