I created this project for my Grade 7 class. They enjoyed the project and I was impressed with the number of students who went above and beyond the minimum requirements and the level of creativity they showed. I hope your students enjoy the assignment and excel and much as mine did.
This is a group project. Students select a sub-topic of a historical event or topic they are studying and work together to create an 'exhibit' about the event. The initial time to introduce the project is 50 minutes however; students will require additional class time to work on the project as well.
Your download includes:
• Curriculum Connections for Ontario Curriculum
• Curriculum Connections for the Common Core State Standards
• Lesson Plan to follow when introducing project to your class
• Museum Exhibit Project handout for students
• Museum Exhibit Project grading rubric
• Teamwork Rating Scale (for students to rate how well they worked as a group)
• Sample topic lists for: The Thirteen Colonies, The American Revolution, Ancient Civilizations, The War of 1812
Enjoy! I look forward to your feedback.