Mushroom Dissection for Classification and Taxonomy
In this lab, students will observe the external and internal features of various mushroom specimen as they explore the kingdom of fungi. Students will dissect a mushroom, look at spore types, spore prints, as well as create wet mount slides of mushroom cross-sections and observe them under the microscope. Upon completion of the lab, students will answer extension questions. This product is also found in our Life Science Curriculum Classification Unit Bundle
What students do:
* Observe external and internal features of mushroom specimen.
* Draw examples of their observations.
* Create wet mount slides of their specimen and observe using a microscope.
* Answer extension questions regarding the lab and the Kingdom of Fungi.
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Classification Vocabulary Lesson
- Classification Task Cards
- Classification Cootie Catcher Study Tool
- Classification Interactive Notebook Six Kingdoms Puzzle
- Classification Word Wall
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Classification: Fungi Lab - Dissecting Mushrooms by © 2015 Getting Nerdy