This is a super fun (yet truly educational!) game where students race to the finish line by counting the number of beats on a card! Use in your daily lessons, as part of music center or music workstation activities, or as a great sub plan!
This is a bundle of all the following levels:
• Level Beginner - Quarter Notes and Beamed Eighth Notes
• Level 1 - Quarter Note, Quarter Rest, Beamed Eighth Notes
• Level 2 - PLUS Half Note
• Level 3 - PLUS Whole Note
• Level 4 - PLUS Beamed Sixteenth Notes
• Level 5 - PLUS Dotted Half Note
• Level 6 - PLUS Whole Rest Half Rest
• Level 7 - PLUS Eighth-Sixteenth Combo
• Level 8 - PLUS Dotted Quarter Note, Single Eighth Note
• Level 9 - PLUS Single Eighth Rest
In the game, each student will draw a card and count up the number of counts on each card. Then, they can move their game piece (provided by you - see here for examples or use pony beads!)
the number of counts on the card. There are also some "game" cards like "Wreck: Skip Your Turn!"
Your students will LOVE playing this game in music centers or as a stand-alone activity! You will verbally hear them calling out the names of the notes as the move forward and check each other.
In this resource for each level:
• Game board in Black and White.
• Game board in Color.
• Cards to print out (8 cards to one sheet of paper).
• Directions for Teacher.
• Directions for Students - print out and put in the packet for students!
For a different challenge, try Rhythm Race - Note Naming Edition!
Be sure to connect with me to get access to the FREE Resource Library!
Be the first to hear about new releases, product updates, and amazing deals and teaching tips!
Check out some of my bestsellers!
• Maypole Mania!
• Patriotic Sing Along
• Pitch Hill - Teaching Solfege, Teacher's Edition
• Rhythm Basketball - Get your kids bouncing to the beat!
• Rhythm Coloring - Great for Centers and End of Class Activities
• Rhythm Race Bundle - Music Center and Rhythm Game
• Recorder BAG Bonanza!
• Science of Sound - Detailed Lesson Plans, Experiments, and Presentations
Visit my other store, Pitch Clips, for clip art, digital papers, and other graphic materials!
- Stay updated on new products by clicking the green star at the top of the page!
For more ideas and fun:
Visit my website and follow my Blog!
Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Follow me on YouTube!
Follow me on Instagram!
Teach music. Love life.
Want to earn FREE products on TpT and make my day?
I love hearing how products help you in the classroom! Don't forget to leave feedback on items you've purchased - you earn 1 TpT credit for every dollar spent on TpT. These really add up!!
Should you have any questions, concerns, or requests, please contact me before leaving feedback at email@example.com
. I want to ensure you have a wonderful experience with my products and my store!