If you are ready to drastically increase student engagement, incorporate hands on activities, and improve your overall classroom management, then you need to implement Music Centers into your music classroom! This set has everything you need to get started with centers with first through fifth grade.
These music centers are easy and flexible to implement! You can choose to do however many centers you want with very little prep! No more than two workstations in each individual set are technology-based (so that you can choose other centers if you do not have the technology), and many of the centers could be used as assessments.
This bundle includes these sets:
Here's what you'll get with this comprehensive bundle:
Rhythmic centers for ta and ti-ti (quarter and eighth notes), quarter rest, tika-tika (sixteenth notes), half notes, ti-tika (one eighth/ two sixteenth), tika-ti (two sixteenth/ one eighth), syncopa (eighth/quarter/eighth), tam-ti (dotted quarter/ eighth), and 6/8 rhythms:
- Center 1: Group reading on interactive white board or computer
- Center 2: Individual rhythmic reading (as assessment)
- Center 3: Rhythm Go Fish
- Center 4: Educreations on Ipad
- Center 5: Rhythm cards with percussion
- Center 6: Worksheets (graphic organizers and mystery song worksheets)
Melodic centers for sol-mi, la, do, re, low la, low sol, high do, fa, ti, and low ti:
- Center 1: Solfa manipulatives (could be used as assessment, comes with rubric)
- Center 2: Barred instruments
- Center 3: Melody Go Fish
- Center 4: Worksheets (graphic organizers and mystery song worksheets)
- Center 5: Composition on SMART board/ interactive white board
- Center 6: Staff work
Lines and spaces on the treble clef and bass clef staff (separate centers for lines, spaces, and lines and spaces):
- Center 1: Staff jumping game
- Center 2: Treble Clef Go Fish
- Center 3: Staff Words
- Center 4: Barred instruments for treble clef, flashcards for bass clef
- Center 5: Flashnote Derby (on Ipad)
- Center 6: Staff Wars (on computer and/or SMART board)
Recorders (separate centers for B, A, G and B, A, G, and E)
- Center 1: Individual assessment
- Center 2: Recorder Go Fish
- Center 3: Barred instruments
- Center 4: Composition cards
- Center 5: Artwork composition (students look at a piece of artwork and create a composition with recorder and other assorted instruments)
- Center 6: Worksheets (includes graphic organizers for each note on recorder students know)
This 762 page Music Centers Bundle for grades 1-5 also includes:
- An overview of learning centers (centres), with strategies for setting up in your classroom
- Six center signs (includes alternate version with "centre" spelling)
- Student directions for each center
- Editable directions (if you want to create/ use your own center)
- Self-assessment sheets (so students can track their progress and achievement at each center)
- A printable page for each set of centers to you know exactly which materials you will need
- Digital versions of many of the centers, so they can be used in person or virtually
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Question: Does this set require a lot of set up?
Answer: I created this set so that you could simply print out the materials, print out the signs, set up in your classroom, and be ready to go! You will need to cut out the manipulatives and cards, and if you would like to laminate for durability, you could.
Question: Does this set require technology?
Answer: There are no more than two centers in each set that include technology. If you do not have the technology, you could do the four or five remaining centers, or could use your computer instead of an interactive white board.
Question: Does this set require lots of other materials?
Answer: The set requires non-pitched percussion, barred instruments, mallets, recorders, and painter's tape for the floor.
READ REVIEWS FROM OTHER MUSIC EDUCATORS!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I don't even know what to say. So complete. So user friendly. So easy to fit into my current curriculum. I feel like I am already helping each student become a better musician after just using one set! Thank you!!!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Can't wait to try these this year! Our new evaluation system is requiring I do centers, this is going to save me a TON of time!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This bundle is AMAZING! I had never really thought of doing centers until I found this bundle and it has completely changed the way I approach my teaching and how I can check for student understanding. My kids LOVE doing centers and I love watching them learn in a fun, hands on way. Thank you so much for this!"
Check out my Kindergarten Music Centers/ Stations - Bundled Set.
Follow me for freebies and updates. Please email me with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © Aileen Miracle/ Mrs. Miracle's Music Room.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.