Also included in
- If you are ready to drastically increase student engagement, incorporate hands on activities, and improve your overall classroom management, then you need to implement Music Centers into your music classroom! This set has everything you need to get started with centers with first through fifth grade$66.00$83.50Save $17.50
If you are ready to drastically increase student engagement, incorporate hands on activities, and improve your overall classroom management, then you need to implement Music Centers into your music classroom! This set has everything you need to get started with centers with second grade, or with other grade levels learning the concepts of tika-tika or sixteenth notes, half note, do, and re.
These music centers are easy and flexible to implement! You can choose to do however many centers you want with very little prep! No more than two workstations in each individual set are technology-based (so that you can choose other centers if you do not have the technology), and many of the centers could be used as assessments.
Here's what you'll get with the rhythm centers, which include separate sets for tika-tika and half note:
- Center 1: Group reading on interactive white board or computer (includes PDF and Google Slides versions)
- Center 2: Individual rhythmic reading (as assessment)
- Center 3: Rhythm Go Fish
- Center 4: Fruit syllable sorting for tika-tika (with digital version) and rhythm movement for half note
- Center 5: Rhythm flashcards with percussion: Students choose an instrument, then play that pattern!
- Center 6: Worksheets (graphic organizers and mystery song worksheets)
Here's what you'll get with the melodic centers, which include separate sets for do and re:
- Center 1: Solfa manipulatives (could be used as assessment, comes with rubric)
- Center 2: Barred instruments (includes paper and digital versions)
- Center 3: Melody Go Fish
- Center 4: Worksheets (graphic organizers and mystery song worksheets)
- Center 5: Composition on interactive white board (in Google Slides)
- Center 6: Staff work (includes paper and digital versions)
This 139 page Music Centers Set for Second Grade also includes:
- An overview of learning centers (centres), with strategies for setting up in your classroom
- Six center signs (includes alternate spelling of "centre")
- Student directions for each center
- Editable directions (if you want to create/ use your own center)
- Self-assessment sheets (so students can track their progress and achievement at each center)
- A printable page for each set of centers to you know exactly which materials you will need
- Digital versions of many of the centers, so they can be used in person or virtually
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Question: Does this set require a lot of set up?
Answer: I created this set so that you could simply print out the materials, print out the signs, set up in your classroom, and be ready to go! You will need to cut out the manipulatives and cards, and if you would like to laminate for durability, you could.
Question: Does this set require technology?
Answer: There are no more than two centers in each set that include technology. If you do not have the technology, you could do the four or five remaining centers, or could use your computer instead of an interactive white board.
Question: Does this set require lots of other materials?
Answer: The set requires non-pitched percussion, barred instruments, and mallets.
READ REVIEWS FROM OTHER MUSIC EDUCATORS!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Absolutely WONDERFUL! I cannot wait to try centers this year!!! Thank you SO much for your creativity and hard work on this amazing set! I LOVE the fruit syllable sorting - so cute! And of course, those adorable warm fuzzies! Every center is great - directions are so clear. I love this."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Thank you for making centers! My students really liked going from station to station. And I loved working with small groups. I haven't used centers before because I was overwhelmed with printing, laminated, organizing, and setting it all up. This was much easier to put together than I anticipated."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I love this bundle! Using centers has allowed me to foster more independence in my students, and they love getting to work with their groups. My students especially love the technology and instrument stations. Go Fish is always a big hit as well! Not only are these stations great to use with students, but they have inspired me to create my own stations to add to the mix."
Check out these centers sets:
Save $money$ and download the bundle here:
Follow me for freebies and updates. Please email me with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.
Copyright © Aileen Miracle/ Mrs. Miracle's Music Room.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.