Do you need a set of FUN music composition activities that are sure to be a hit with your students? These 4 sets of PowerPoint drag & drop rhythm blocks ensure student success while teaching about note values, meter, form, and lyrics. Students will create 4 different types of rhythm compositions each building upon the next.
Click the preview button above to get a better look at this helpful resource.
**Buy this helpful resource as a BUNDLE and Save $.
Use with various grade levels or for differentiation within grade levels
- PowerPoint Set 1 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes
- PowerPoint Set 2 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, half notes, whole notes
- PowerPoint Set 3 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, half notes
- PowerPoint Set 4 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, eighth/2 sixteenth, 2 sixteenth/eighth
Additional Music Elements Included in ALL Easy-to-Use Sets
- Meter - 4/4, 3/4, 2/4
- Phrase Form - aaab, abab, abac
- Matching lyrics to rhythm
Also Included in these No-Prep, Paperless Lessons
- Optional student checklists for each composition
- Editable template for customization of student handouts if desired
- Student learning outcomes
- Student learning targets written as simple to understand "I can" statements
- Assessment rubric
- Detailed teacher directions for using lesson
- Suggested teacher tips
- Suggested teaching time line
- "Learn About . . ." sequences to teach meter, form, and lyrics concepts
- Final project which guides students through composition process incorporating all previously learned concepts.
These interactive PowerPoint lessons may be used as centers, for individual or group practice, for assessment, or Home School. Each lesson is designed to be extended over four days.
Note: You must have PowerPoint installed to use this lesson.
- Google Slides Set 1 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes
- Google Slides Set 2 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, half notes, whole notes
- Google Slides Set 3 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, half notes
- Google Slides Set 4 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, eighth/2 sixteenth, 2 sixteenth/eighth
If you are looking for sequential music reading lessons using iconic and standard music notation, you may be interested in the lessons below.
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.