Products in this Bundle (4)
Do you need a BUNDLE of FUN music composition activities that are sure to be a hit with your students? These drag & drop rhythm blocks for Google Slides ensure student success while teaching about note values, meter, form, and lyrics. In each differentiated set, students will create 4 different types of rhythm compositions, each building upon the next.
Click the preview button above to get a better look at this helpful resource.
Use with various grade levels or for differentiation within grade levels.
- Google Slides Set 1 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes
- Google Slides Set 2 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, half notes, whole notes
- Google Slides Set 3 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, half notes
- Google Slides Set 4 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, eighth/2 sixteenth, 2 sixteenth/eighth
*This lesson was designed by a Google for Education Certified Educator | Level 1.
- Meter - 4/4, 3/4, 2/4
- Phrase Form - aaab, abab, abac
- Matching lyrics to rhythm
- Optional student checklists for each composition
- Editable template for customization of student handouts if desired
- Student learning outcomes
- Student learning targets written as simple to understand "I can" statements
- Assessment rubric
- Detailed teacher directions for using lesson
- Suggested teacher tips
- Suggested teaching timeline
- "Learn About . . ." sequences to teach meter, form, and lyrics concepts
- Final project which guides students through composition process incorporating all previously learned concepts.
- If desired, student composition slides are PRINTABLE.
- This interactive PowerPoint lesson may be used as centers, for individual or group practice, for assessment, or Home School.
- Activities are designed to be extended over four class sessions.
If you are looking for more FUN no-prep music reading resources using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, don't pass up the activity bundles below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So, La
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.