Looking for an exciting way for your students to practice beat vs. rhythm? Would you like your students to get excited about decoding quarter notes, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, whole notes, half notes, and quarter rests? Look no further! Pizza! Pizza! is for you!
In this rhythm composition lesson, students will use pizza rhythms to make their own song. Making a music pizza is a great way to start working music and fractions. Your kids are going to have so much fun doing rhythm composing!
Included in this File
• Detailed (yet editable) lesson plans for 2nd Grade. State (GA) GPS Standards, National Music Standards, and National Core Arts Standards are marked.
• PowerPoint to guide the lesson.
• PDF version of the PowerPoint for you to import into your desired IWB (Absolutely NOT required to complete this lesson!).
• Pizza and Note Images for PERSONAL use to create your own variations of pizza.
• Two variations of worksheets for students to create their own pizza rhythms. I use these for differentiation for the different needs of my students.
Description of Lesson
• Previous Knowledge: Students should already be introduced to beat vs. rhythm and have beginning knowledge of whole, half, quarter, and sixteenth note and quarter rest.
• Lesson - Students learn a cute poem about Pizza and practice rhythm of the words vs. beat. Then students will practice decoding pizza toppings into the correct rhythmic pattern (i.e. Pepperoni is sixteenth notes). Then students will have the opportunity to create their own pizza arrangements with a fun cut and paste activity. (Alternatively they could write them in if you do not want to cut and paste). Modified levels of the worksheet provided.
This is meant to be a guide for your individual situation. Substitutions for any part of the lesson is acceptable. Additional items you need to teach the lesson directly as written that are NOT included.
• Scissors, Glue, Pencils, Projector. (You do NOT need an IWB but I have provided materials for you to use if you have one).
Be sure to connect with me to get access to the FREE Resource Library!
Be the first to hear about new releases, product updates, and amazing deals and teaching tips!
Check out some of my bestsellers!
• Maypole Mania!
• Patriotic Sing Along
• Pitch Hill - Teaching Solfege, Teacher's Edition
• Rhythm Basketball - Get your kids bouncing to the beat!
• Rhythm Coloring - Great for Centers and End of Class Activities
• Rhythm Race Bundle - Music Center and Rhythm Game
• Recorder BAG Bonanza!
• Science of Sound - Detailed Lesson Plans, Experiments, and Presentations
Visit my other store, Pitch Clips, for clip art, digital papers, and other graphic materials!
- Stay updated on new products by clicking the green star at the top of the page!
For more ideas and fun:
Visit my website and follow my Blog!
Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Follow me on YouTube!
Follow me on Instagram!
Teach music. Love life.
Want to earn FREE products on TpT and make my day?
I love hearing how products help you in the classroom! Don't forget to leave feedback on items you've purchased - you earn 1 TpT credit for every dollar spent on TpT. These really add up!!
Should you have any questions, concerns, or requests, please contact me before leaving feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
. I want to ensure you have a wonderful experience with my products and my store!