- NEW, LOWER PRICE! This is THE bundle for the music classroom. This includes all of my best-selling PowerPoint games, lessons, warm-ups, and more! Includes all of my Music Detective series, Instrument Zoom, Music Staff Karate for Treble and Bass Clef, Composer Trivia, "Faeries and Giants" movement a$94.50$47.25Save $47.25
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 4-game bundle for POWERPOINT will introduce and review treble clef pitches, BASS CLEF PITCHES (NEW!), rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundle, you save 20%!This game is also available for Smart Noteboo$20.00$16.00Save $4.00
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 5-game bundle for both POWERPOINT and SMART Notebook will introduce treble clef pitches with a boomwhacker mystery, review treble clef pitches, bass clef pitches, rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundl$25.00$20.00Save $5.00
- This bundle includes some of my best-selling PowerPoint Games of all time! These all work with the program “PowerPoint,” so please make sure you have this program before downloading. This bundle has a $49 value! You can leave these games for a sub if they can use a computer! Preview above is of the$49.00$34.30Save $14.70
- This bundle includes 8 of my favorite, interactive Smart Board games and activities. These all work with the program “Smart Notebook,” so please make sure you have this program before downloading. This bundle has a $40 value! You can leave these games for a sub if they can use the Smart Board!Smart$40.00$28.00Save $12.00
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 3-game bundle for POWERPOINT will introduce and review treble clef pitches, rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundle, you save over 20%!You can also purchase this for SMART NOTEBOOK by clicking here: Mu$15.00$12.00Save $3.00
This resource includes two files of this game, one for PowerPoint and one for SMART Notebook.
This game that helps students review the rhythms with a fun mystery. It’s especially fun because of its pirate theme.
The following rhythms are covered in this game: whole note, dotted half note, half note, quarter note, eighth note, and sixteenth note. Students have to solve clues to make their way through a castle of riddles and answer questions to raise the mast of their boat. In the castle level, they have to identify the name of the note by sight and how many beats each note has. In the boat level, students use their knowledge of note values to add the values of different rhythms in a "music math" game. The SMART Notebook version includes a bonus level where students have to identify the written rhythm after hearing a recording.
The story for this game keeps the students engrossed in learning. In the game, they meet a music detective who is given the task of finding a rhythm pirate ship's treasure. They follow a treasure map, enter a castle, maneuver through a room of riddles, and show off their rhythm skills to a ship captain. When they have completed the levels, they find the treasure and win a reward for giving it to a museum.
This game takes one to two 30-minute classes if you include a short review of the rhythms (I included a page for review). This lesson would be most appropriate and enjoyable for advanced 2nd graders up to 6th grade.
You may also like:
Connect with Meg’s Music Room!
TpT - Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red “Follow Me” button next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales! Meg's Music Room Store
Blog - megsmusicroom.com
Facebook - Meg's Music Room Facebook Page
Copyright © Megan Heikkila. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements in this product are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use only.