Also included in
- Looking for a fun and engaging way to practice rhythm in your music room? This escape room bundle includes materials for six different rhythmic concepts! Students will work in small groups to solve puzzles, earn letters, and unscramble the letters to form a musical word, then escape the room!The tim$28.80$36.00Save $7.20
Looking for a fun and engaging way to practice rhythm in your music room? This escape room set includes materials for an escape room to practice ti-tika, or ti-tiri (one eighth/ two sixteenth notes.) Students will work in small groups to solve puzzles, earn letters, and unscramble the letters to form a musical word, then escape the room!
This set includes:
- Signs to post at each task
- Link to video, which will set up the storyline about escaping the room to move a falling piano (check out the preview video for a sample.) You can either view on YouTube or download the video.
- Task 1, Rhythm Code: Students code words to rhythms using a key, then open an envelope to get a clue to figure out their letter
- Task 2, Rhythm Quiz: Students either complete a quiz about ti-tika with pencil and paper or through Google Forms on a Chromebook, computer, or iPad. If completing the paper, students check their answers with the teacher, then get the letter, and if completing the Google Form Quiz, students receive their letter when checking their answers.
- Task 3, Rhythm Match Up: Students match the song titles to the first rhythm patterns of each song, then open an envelope to get a clue to figure out their letter. Notation and game directions for six songs are included: Diddle Diddle Dumpling, The Car Song, Fire in the Mountain, Red are Strawberries, J'entends le moulin, and Ida Red.
- Task 4, Rhythm dice: Students roll the rhythm die (template is included to print out onto cardstock, fold, and tape) then write the rhythms they roll, read their rhythms, then get an envelope with their letter
- Task 5, Puzzle: Students either put together a puzzle with cardstock pieces or through a website on a Chromebook, computer, or iPad. If completing the cardstock puzzle, students open an envelope for their clue, and if completing on a device, students go to another link to receive their letter.
- Directions for the set, including how to set up the lesson, possible additional purchases, things to keep in mind, and more!
- Editable files: A PowerPoint is included so you can add tasks if you'd like, change the letters, or edit the code for transferring letters to numbers (if using a number lock)
Please note: You can use this set without any additional purchases. I've included suggestions if using a number or letter lock with a lock box, but I've also included information about how to use the set without any locks or lock boxes.
Download the preview, and view the video preview, for more information!
Buy this as part of the escape room rhythm growing bundle!
Check out these sets:
Thanks to Music Teacher Coffee Talk for the inspiration for this set. Check out their podcast here.
Looking for more materials for ti-tika? Check out my Songs and Activities to Teach Ti-Tika.
Thanks for looking! Visit my blog at www.mrsmiraclesmusicroom.com.