Do you need fun and engaging music lessons for First Grade? This set of four music lesson plans for First Grade include detailed processes, with songs, games, and activities your students will love!
These music lesson plans for First Grade will have your students moving, singing, and engaged during music class! The lesson plans are aligned with the National Core Art Standards, and are editable.
What you will get:
- 4 First Grade Music Lessons, to practice steady beat, rhythm, and high/low
- Materials for each lesson (Note: most are included with each lesson, but some, like recordings or picture books, would have to be purchased)
- An overview of each lesson, including concepts, skills, etc.
- Suggestions for additional activities, if you meet with students for more than 35 minutes
- National Core Arts Standards Handbook for First Grade
- Editable Google Slides for projecting the lesson agenda
Each lesson plan includes:
- Lesson objectives and "I Can" Statements
- Explanation of current lesson to previous & future lessons
- Transitions, activities, procedures, and assessments
- Approximate time needed for each song or activity
- 140 minutes of instructional time (4 lessons of 35 minutes each)
All lessons and materials are in Google Drive. These music lessons for First Grade could also easily be adapted for use for Kindergarten music or second grade music.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
Question: Does this set require lots of prep?
Answer: I created this set so that it would require little prep. The lessons can be used as is, or can be edited. The accompanying materials can simply be printed or opened up. You will need to gather materials for each lesson, such as a hand drum, maraca, etc. There are a few picture books and recordings that you would need to purchase, or you could substitute with books or recordings you already own.
Question: Does this set require technology?
Answer: Many of the materials in this set can be used without technology. One lesson does require students to either use Chrome Music Lab on an interactive white board, or on Chromebooks or iPads.
Question: What if after purchasing this, I decide I want the rest of the bundle?
Answer: If you decide you'd like the rest of the bundle, you can purchase it, then reach out to TpT to request a refund for this set. If you have any issues with that, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Question: Which programs do I need to open up the files?
Answer: The materials come in Google Drive. The file types include:
- Adobe Reader
- Google Slides
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
READ REVIEWS FROM OTHER MUSIC EDUCATORS!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I always struggle with planning my first few lessons and this made it so much easier! Thank you!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "So helpful to getting started with the year, especially as a young/first-year teacher!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Love the systematic and direct approach of Aileen's lessons and materials. Thank you!"
Looking for the next four lessons? Check out my First grade lessons, #5-8.
Complete the year with
or Save 20% and purchase the bundle:
If you would like to save OVER 30% download the ENTIRE BUNDLED set of music lesson plans here:
Follow me for product updates and freebies! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Copyright © Aileen Miracle/ Mrs. Miracle's Music Room.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.