Teach so-mi-la in your elementary music classes with this fun Kodaly Lesson plan unit for "Rain, Rain Go Away".
Lesson and activities incorporate singing, moving and playing orff instruments. Students love to make rain sounds as they sing and play the melody, ostinato and melodic ostinato. They enjoy creating new Weather Songs using the circle map and printables. 10 LESSON IDEAS for you to use as a unit or sequential lesson plans. Great for observations!
- Mp3 Vocal and Practice Tracks
- 10 Lesson plan OUTLINES
- TEACHING PAGES: mi-so-la, Quarter, Eighth notes,
- Rhythmic practice, Sight Singing, Lyrics and notes, Rhythmic Ostinato, Melodic Ostinato-Melody and Ostinato with raindrop notes and regular notation.
- 6 Printable Activity Sheets: Compose, Ostinato, Sounds on the Beat, Circle Map, New Lyrics, label mi-so-la
- Raindrop template for manipulatives
- Raindrop template: make puppets
- Lyric Page
- Key to demonstrate Steady Beat, ti-ti, and ta
- Raindrop note Rhythms
- Notated Rhythms line #1, #2 and the whole song
- Rhythmic Rhythms
- mi-so-la review on the staff with raindrop notes
- Solfege hand signs for mi-so-la
- Melody with rain drop notes line #1
- Melody with rain drop notes line #2
- Melody with rain drop notes for the whole song
- Melody in notation
- Rain drop notes with lyrics
- Rain drop notes with rhythm notation
- Rhythmic Ostinato with notation
- Melodic Ostinato notation rhythm
- Melodic Ostinato with rain drop notes
- Melodic Ostinato with notation
- Circle Map to brainstorm for Weather Words
- Write a new “weather” song fill in the blanks using words from Circle map.
- Write the Melody using raindrop notes
- Write a new Ostinato for the song.
- Write your new weather song melody and words.
- Fill in MI-SO-LA in the raindrops.
- Write in the sounds above the words in the raindrops.
- Raindrop template to use on board or laminate making manipulatives for Centers and small groups.
- Large raindrop to make a puppet.
MORE MUSIC RESOURCES:
ABOUT SING PLAY CREATE LLC.
All products and works are copyrighted by Sing Play Create LLC. Buyers may get Free store credit by going to "my purchases" and click on "Provide Feedback". Ratings and helpful feedback are welcomed.
Want a Freebie every month? Subscribe to my Website Newsletter.
QUESTIONS? Please use the "Ask a Question" section of my TpT store. Or, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH ME HERE:
Let's Move and Learn with Music!