“Snail, Snail” music lesson unit features the traditional Kodaly music game song to present, prepare and practice “la”. 4 Lesson Plans to feel the snail beat, sing the s-l-s-m patterns and play the snail game. Next, make snail puppets to lead the class in singing and playing this popular game song. Next, use flash cards to practice, compose and create, then color the snails, the melody and play the notes. This music lesson unit is filled with interactive activities and diverse learning opportunities to help students progress in skills through Kinder-First and Second Grade. Perfect for PreK, Kinder and First Graders!
Traditional Kodaly Music Game Song with Preschool, Kinder, 1st, 2nd Grade applications that expand singing, moving and playing skills. Help students internalize aural concepts (so-mi-la) experience rhythms and playing, creating a melody.
Read and Sing/Play Notes on the staff.
Teacher Guide with Lesson Plans- 4 Lessons
TEACH: I Can Statements
LESSON PAGES AND CONCEPTS:
Melody –Learn the new note
Sing and Sign Solfege
Sight Reading s-l-m patterns
ACTIVITY DIRECTIONS – 3 Puppet Activities, 1 Movement Activity
PUPPET TEMPLATE: Snail Puppet Manipulative Cut Outs
FLASH CARDS: ta and ti-ti of each note so-mi-la, and E-G-A
WORKSHEETS: Snail Song w Beat Charts, Color so-mi, Color so-mi-la
Mp3 Practice Track with Vocal and without
- Preschoolers- help students walk in a line, then in a circle. Sing the song using body actions.
- Kinders- help students walk in a line, then in a circle. Sing the song using body actions. Use the puppets to show high/low. Reinforce Steady Beat while singing the song.
- Second graders can sing the song, learn the rhythms, play the song and perform all activities. Composing opportunities.
- Flashcards, worksheets and puppets provide assessment opportunities.
- Echo Sing
- Sight Singing
- Rhythm Tapping
- Steady Beat while Chanting
- Playing Notes
- Solfege hand signs to connect movement and melody.
- Movement Activity for engagement.
- 3 Activities to use with the puppets in your stations, small groups or as a whole class activity supporting internalizing concepts of high/low, so-mi, and G-E pitches.
- Creating and Composing melodies
KINDERGARTEN CORE ELEMENT MUSIC LESSONS:
MUSIC EDUCATION LINKS:
BACK TO SCHOOL MUSIC EDUCATION LINKS:
ABOUT SING PLAY CREATE LLC.
All products and works are copyrighted by Sing Play Create LLC. Buyers may get Free store credit by going to "my purchases" and click on "Provide Feedback". Ratings and helpful feedback are welcomed.
Want a Freebie every month? Subscribe to my Website Newsletter.
QUESTIONS? Please use the "Ask a Question" section of my TpT store. Or, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH ME HERE:
Thanks for stopping by!