“Take It Home” pages help build advocacy for your program when administrators and parents see growing Music Literacy
levels. This series of lessons provides easy-to-read songs with step-by-step instruction for introducing La and reading music on the staff. Lessons contain built-in student response and review of previous learning standards.
This Music Literacy series uses Movable Do
preparing students to read music in any key. Key changes are presented in a simple, easy-to-understand manner making the concept common place.
Learning through play is important for young children. Each lesson also includes a simple game.
Music Elements Included in Bundle
quarter notes, eighth notes, quarter rest
So, La & Mi.
Not Rhythm Syllable Specific:
The lessons in this Music Literacy series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons.
Included in this Bundle are the following.
• Large easy–to-read pages
• Teacher Tips for using these lessons and teaching music reading concepts
• Poster which may be printed to display in classroom
• Step-by-step guided instruction
• Built-in review of previous learning standards
• Built-in student response
• Specific student learning standards
• Learning Targets written in clear concise student-centered “I can” statements
• A simple, doable, observational assessment option
•“Take It Home” pages which may also be used as assessments
• Ink-saving versions of the two “Take It Home” pages
• Editable slide with matching border for customization of lessons if desired
Lessons contained in this bundle include the following individual lessons.
• Music Reading: So, La, Mi Song to Read & Sing, Introducing La - Bounce High
• Music Reading: So, La, Mi Song to Read & Sing - Lucy Locket
• Music Reading: So, La, Mi Song to Read & Sing - Little Tommy Tucker
• Music Reading: So, La, Mi Song to Read & Sing - Bell Horses
• Music Reading: So, La, Mi Song to Read & Sing - Icka Backa
• Bonus: Music Reading: So, La, Mi Song to Ready & Sing - Snail, Snail (Complete Edition)
to be notified when additional lessons in this series are posted.
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.