This sequence of beginning Music Reading Lessons
makes these rhythm elements easy for teachers to teach and simple for students to understand. This lesson provides practice reading and playing quarter notes/rests. Play is important for young children. Students will play a simple game incorporating rhythm instruments.
The lesson presents information “just-in-time” in order to focus student attention. Students will learn using large, easy-to-understand visuals with built-in student response.
Music Elements Included in Lesson
quarter notes, quarter rest, repeat signs
Not Rhythm Syllable Specific:
The lessons in this Music Literacy series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons.
Included in this Lesson
• Large easy–to-read pages
• Student Learning Outcomes
• Simple, doable, observational assessment option
• Student Learning Targets written as clear, concise student-centered “I can” statements
• Game which incorporates rhythm instruments
• Blank editable slide with border which may be used for customization of lesson if desired
•“Take It Home” pages which may also be used as assessments
• Also included are ink-saving versions of the “Take It Home” pages
to be notified when additional lessons in this Music Reading Series
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.