“Take It Home” pages help build advocacy for your program when administrators and parents see growing Music Literacy
levels. This lesson provides an easy-to-read song with step-by-step instruction for reading music on the staff. This Music Literacy series uses Movable Do
preparing students to read music in any key. Key changes are presented in a simple, easy-to-understand manner making the concept common place. This lesson also includes a simple game.
Music Elements Included in Lesson
quarter notes, eighth notes
So, La & Mi.
Not Rhythm Syllable Specific:
The lessons in this Music Literacy series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons.
Included in this lesson are the following.
• Large easy–to-read pages
• Step-by-step guided instruction
• Teacher Tips for using these lessons and teaching music reading concepts
• Student Learning Standards
• Learning Targets written in clear concise student-centered “I can” statements
• A simple, doable, observational assessment option
•“Take It Home” pages which may also be used as assessments.
• Also included are ink saving versions of the two “Take It Home” pages.
Purchase this lesson as a part of a BUNDLE
to save money. Click the "View Bundle" button above to preview all the lessons in this bundle.
to be notified when additional lessons in this series are posted.
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.