This sequence of beginning Music Reading Lessons
makes these rhythm elements easy for teachers to teach and simple for students to understand. This lesson leads students through an introduction to quarter notes/rests and provides practice reading and playing rhythm patterns. Rhythm patterns may be used to form a "Barnyard Band".
Lessons present information “just-in-time” in order to focus student attention. The built-in student response is designed to engage all students.
Music Elements Included in Lesson
quarter notes, quarter rest, repeat signs
Not Rhythm Syllable Specific:
The lessons in this Music Literacy series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons.
Included in this lesson
• Large easy–to-read pages
• Student Learning Outcomes
• Simple, doable, observational assessment option
• Student Learning Targets written as clear, concise student-centered “I can” statements
• Seven different Animal Rhythm Patterns which may be used in any combination to form a “Barnyard Band”
• Blank editable slide with border which may be used for customization of lesson if desired
•“Take It Home” pages which may also be used as assessments
• Also included are ink-saving versions of the “Take It Home” pages
to be notified when additional lessons in this Music Reading Series
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.