Assessing students and collecting data in music class has been made simpler with this HUGE set of scoring guides (also called rubrics). The rubrics are ready to go for music assessment. You just need to print and copy. Do you need to customize a rubric or create one for a topic that isn’t addressed? No problem! I’ve also included some templates that you can use to create your own.
This set is created for the K-6 elementary music teacher, but I have used several of the scoring guides with middle school and high school.
Please download the preview for a closer look at what is included.
Here’s what included in this download:
Introduction to using rubrics
and tips for using the scoring guides in this download.
Explanation of SLOs
and tips for collecting data.
A data collection sheet
for student learning objectives (SLOs).
6 editable templates
(Templates are in PowerPoint. You’ll need that program to use them.) Please note that the templates are not for commercial use. That means you are not allowed to use them to create your own scoring guides to sell.
PLEASE NOTE: Each of the topics below contain a single page holistic rubric, the same rubric but two to a page to save paper and a whole class sheet with the same rubric.
Fast and Slow Rubrics
–This set includes the same rubrics but using the terms “presto” and “largo”. An assessment worksheet for both is also included.
High and Low
–A worksheet that could be used for assessment is included in this set.
-Scoring guides for both rhythmic improvisation and melodic improvisation are included.
-Identifying instrument families, identifying classroom percussion instruments by sight and aurally identifying classroom percussion instruments are addressed in this set. Each topic comes with a worksheet that you could use for assessment.
Legato and Staccato
– A worksheet that could be used for assessment is included in this set.
Loud and Soft
–This set contains rubrics for loud/soft, loud/quiet and forte/piano. An assessment worksheet is included for each version.
- Movement/dance with steps that are taught are assessed in this set. Also included are scoring guides for creative movement.
– In addition to the scoring guides mentioned above, an analytic rubric is included as well for playing Orff instruments.
-Treble clef pitches, bass clef pitches, melodic dictation and melodic direction are addressed in this set. An assessment worksheet is included for melodic direction.
– Recorder performance is assessed with these scoring guides. An analytic rubric is included as well.
- Rhythm performance is assessed with these scoring guides. To make sure that these scoring guides work with any rhythm or note value you may be assessing, a second set of scoring guides with a blank for you to write in the rhythm or notes being assessed is included. Also in the set are rubrics for rhythmic dictation.
- Rubrics for solo singing and ensemble singing are included as well as an analytic scoring guide.
- Two versions of rubrics are included in this set. One contains emoji faces along with the numbers to help pre-readers understand their score.
These files come as PDFs in a zipped folder. You will need to extract or unzip the folder to access the PDFs.
You might also like:
What Do You Hear Worksheet Set
No Prep Music Worksheets ENDLESS GROWING Bundle
Exit Tickets MEGA BUNDLE