PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a music technology project in which your students will learn about microphones, the elements of vocal recording, effects, EQ, etc. through the creation of a fictional podcast project.
**Download my freebie to see EXACTLY how I format my projects.**
If you like this, check out my 12 Project Bundle, my best-selling product which includes a comprehensive section listing all the resources (links, videos, articles, etc.) I use to teach my projects.
For every project idea in my store you'll receive a comprehensive project details sheet with the following:
• a basic overview of what the project will be
• the list of skills that will be learned (here you can easily add standards)
• a step-by-step of how to accomplish the project
• a list of requirements needed for full credit
• a “tips and tricks” section designed to help students with common mistakes, challenges, etc. which I’ve encountered after teaching these projects for many years.
On a separate page you’ll find:
• a rubric that can be easily customized
• a “teacher to teacher” section designed to help the instructor effectively communicate and teach the project. Here I explain some common issues I’ve run into in the past and ways I’ve found to help students be more successful.
This particular project is not DAW (program) specific, so you can apply the general concept and create this project using any program you have available to you. This project assumes you are already familiar with the basics of how to use a DAW. If you're not, you may need to do a little homework before teaching; either way, I recommend teachers complete the project on their own before teaching it to students. Although this is not a formal lesson plan, it can easily be adapted to be just that.
If you like this, check out my 12 Project Bundle!
• 12 sequential projects which progress in difficulty and music theory (enough project ideas to take you through a year-long music technology course)
• Comprehensive glossary of the "techy" terms used in the project lessons
• Map of important GarageBand features
• Extensive list of keyboard shortcuts
• ALL (3 pages) of the extra resources I use to teach the projects: links to videos,
articles, project examples, etc.