These visual supports will help your special education students succeed in music class! Add schedules, visuals, rules and communication supports to music activities with this resource.
Music class and activities can be challenging for students with autism. The sensory experience can lead to anxiety and overwhelm. Setting expectations and providing communication supports can help you reduce some of these challenges.
Music can be an opportunity for inclusion but we must take extra steps to make sure our special education students are successful. Simply putting them with their peers can be a recipe for disaster!
Two of the easiest ways to increase the likelihood of success is to provide structure with schedules and offer choices using visuals. This resource can be used for basic music classes or for music activities within a special education classroom.
This resource is part of my Special Education and Autism Visual Aids and Schedules MEGA BUNDLE
. Set up your entire program at a great discount!
• 52 schedule and choice icons with activities, instruments and dance moves
• “I want” communication strips
• Communication visual with requests
• Voting cards (Thumbs up/Thumbs down; I like it/I don't like it)
• "Too loud" social narrative
• Green/Red schedule
• First/Next/Last and First/Next/Then/Last schedules
• Mini rules visuals
• Full page rules visuals
Includes instructions to set up and use each support.
Please see the preview to ensure this resource is appropriate for your students.
Other Visual Supports to transform your classroom
• Art Visuals and Schedules
• PE Visuals and Schedules
• Special Education and Autism Visuals Bundle
• Behavior Management: I Feel and I Need Visual Choice Board
• Behavior Management: Self-Calming Book and Choice Board
• Visual Schedules Bundle
Stay up to date!
Click here to follow my store and be the first to know about new product releases.
Thanks for stopping by!