Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Music and the Movies Unit of Work has been created with the Middle School and General Music student in mind. It has a focus on the Elements of Music Listening Analysis, Paragraph Writing and the use of the Super Six Strategies.
Included in this resource are:
• TWO versions – one printable and one classroom/display
• History of Film Music, Film Music, Sound Tracks, How Music is Used in Film
• Spelling words, definition match it cards, vocabulary activity
• Super Six Comprehension Strategies- Making Connections, Monitoring, Predicting, Questioning, Summarising and Visualising
• Elements of Music Listening Questions, with links to suggested music
• TWO different versions of Elements of Music Paragraph Writing Templates – P.E.E.L. and T.X.X.X.C
• Suggested performance pieces with links
• BONUS Film Composer Study – John Williams including suggested listening list with YouTube links
This unit of work gives you a great and valid reason to watch a movie in class! While watching your chosen and suitable, movie ask students to record the music used in the movie, and what the purpose of the music was – this keeps you, the students and your administrators happy because your students are learning at the same time.
Julia from Jooya
Like the look of this resource? Try these other products to make your teaching even easier!
Get value for money with TPT credits
After logging in, go to your My Purchases page. Beneath the title of each of your purchases you'll see a “Provide Feedback” link. Simply click on the link and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment on how much you love the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you 5 feedback credits, 20 credits equals $1 off your purchase!
Become a follower by clicking the “Follow Me” green star near the Store Logo, this will let you know about any sales I am throwing, new products and freebies!