Five lesson plans designed for a week of activities with your school. Individual lesson for each grade level.
Objectives: (What students will learn/be able to do)
1) Read rhythms from the board; 2) Echo sing and clap; 3) Repeat solfedge syllables and sign language for scale 4) Sing songs with appropriate inflection 5) Understand how music and storytelling are linked 6) Repeat simple rhythms on drums orally
Example of Kindergarten lesson:
1. Sing “Here We Are Together”
2. Shake & “Bake” – choose percussion instrument, and keep time with Louis Armstrong recording. “Bake” by keeping the speed consistant.
3. Use balloon to demonstrate sound. Have students breathe in and sigh to the decending balloon. Students must stop their sound as soon as the balloon hits the floor.
4. Sing “Bluebird” and have students stand in circle taking turns as the bluebird & singing.
5. Rhythm Repeat with instruments – then students sit in a circle with hand held percussion instruments. Repeat rhythms verbally and with percussion simultaneously.
6. Teach “This Little Light Of Mine”
7. Freeze Dance & learn “The Twist” Talk briefly about styles of dance.