Stephanie Skolmoski has created a musical lesson plan about the music of the U.S. military – Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard.
• Lesson plan for Music of the U.S. Military
• Overview of the Music of the Army – "The Army Goes Rolling Along"
• Overview of the Music of the Marine Corps – "The Marine’s Hymn"
• Overview of the Music of the Navy – "The Navy Song – Anchors Aweigh"
• Overview of the Music of the Air Force – "The U.S. Air Force Song"
• Overview of the Music of the Coast Guard – "Semper Paratus: U.S. Coast Guard Marching Song"
• Lyrics to all of the military songs
• Printable Music of the Military Quiz
• Links to YouTube videos and free audio files
• Images to print for visual aids or bulletin boards
• Activities to go along with the songs (writing, musical, dance and/or art)
This is the perfect lesson and activities for elementary school children and teachers celebrating any patriotic holiday – Armed Forces Day, Independence Day, Flag Day, Veteran’s Day, Memorial Day, Patriot Day, etc. The songs are about 3+ minutes long each and the lesson could take about 30+ minutes. Teachers might consider teaching about one military branch a day.