Música miércoles - Authentic music in Spanish class routine Google Slides #5
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you tired of scrambling to find culture-filled authentic and appropriate music for Spanish class? These Editable Google Slides Music Bell Ringers for Spanish class have become a favorite weekly routine for thousands of classrooms around the world. The culture-filled authentic songs in Spanish caPrice $24.79Original Price $37.97Save $13.18
- Are you tired of wasting time creating daily warmups and trying to find appropriate, authentic & diverse music and culture for your High School Spanish classes? This Editable Google Slides Mis Clases Locas Music Growing Bundle is a great way to introduce students to a wide variety of Hispanic cuPrice $115.99Original Price $191.29Save $75.30
Want a Spanish class routine with authentic music for Música miércoles? These music bell ringers are what you want for Spanish class. The culture filled songs can be adapted for all levels including Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, and Spanish 4 as a classroom management routine. In my class "Música miércoles" is the student's favorite day of the week.
What is included in Música miércoles?
- ✅ Editable Google slide show with 20 slides of authentic music
- ✅ A diverse selection of artists
- ✅ Each slide includes the title, artist, link to the video, 1-2 short questions in Spanish, and embedded video.
- ✅ All editable to be able to differentiate to every level of students you teach
- ✅ A positive way to start class & build classroom community
- ✅ A weekly bell ringer for Wednesday
- ✅ A way to connect with students through pop culture & music
- ✅ An editable slideshow to be projected (does not include any printable for students)
Please note you must have access to the Internet, as well as Youtube to use this product.
WHAT IS MÚSICA MIÉRCOLES?
⭐️ Música miércoles (music Wednesday) is starting class by watching a music video (or lyrics video for those with inappropriate videos) of a current or classic song in Spanish and then answering questions or talking about it in Spanish.
WHY DO MÚSICA MIÉRCOLES?
⭐️ In my first year of teaching, one of my biggest successes was música miércoles. Because of this tradition, many students’ favorite day of the week became Wednesday. Week after week students would enter saying “Yeah, we get to listen to music today!” “Whooo, música miércoles!” I think this is because many students enjoy listening to music, and think they get to “waste” class time doing so. What they do not realize is this “waste” has the following benefits to them.
BENEFITS OF MÚSICA MIÉRCOLES
- Listening to the Spanish language through song
- Exposing them to new genres and artists of Spanish speaking music
- Learning the geography of where the artists are from
- Hearing different accents and slang from various parts of the world
- Getting catchy music stuck in their head
- Cultivating an interest in new music, enough to start their own Spanish Pandora station at home
- Bringing up cultural similarities and differences
- Making learning Spanish fun
- Having students excited to come to Spanish class
What do other teachers say about this popular class routine?
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My students love Música Miércoles! This resource is saving me SO much time finding quality music that my students will enjoy. Worth every penny. Thank you! - Charissa (10th grade teacher)
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Música miércoles has become my students favorite day of the week! - Jessica J
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This was an amazing resource. Very helpful and a huge timesaver! ¡Gracias! - Jennifer S
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Really helped me get an idea of how to easily expose students to authentic music! - Suzette
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpretive Communication - Interpretive Listening
✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
⭐️ For music lovers, get this Música miércoles Growing BUNDLE for all of the following: 2021 Música miércoles, full year of Música miércoles, Música miércoles 2019, Música miércoles 5, Música miércoles 4, Música miércoles 3, Más Música miércoles &Música miércoles + future música miércoles slides will be added!
⭐️ Or for Mega savings, purchase the Mis Clases Locas Mega Music Bundle to get these slides plus Afro-latinx - BUNDLE, Hispanic Heritage Month Music Bundle, Music Brackets Bundle, Música miércoles BUNDLE & Baile viernes Bundle.
If you teach younger students, I suggest the following instead
This resource was created in 2017. If you are looking for newer music, I would recommend one of the newer resources such as the newest 2022 Música miércoles
Have difficulty with a file?
- You must open the PDF & click on the link in the instructions to get the editable slides.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. - Música miércoles .
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.