Also included in
- Musical 4 Corners contain 32 fun, interactive PowerPoint games for teaching music. The rhythm games are also available in Kodaly-friendly stick notation! The games are so easy to play, they can also be used with a sub.I've included the alto clef version as a free bonus file for the orchestra teache$82.00$124.00Save $42.00
Musical 4 Corners is a great, interactive PowerPoint game for reinforcing instrument families (brass, woodwinds, strings, percussion, and keyboards) and instrument timbre. This was my students' favorite game and they hardly realize that they are learning while playing. Answers are included in the presentation notes so it can be played with a sub.
There are 36 instruments used in this activity. Check out the thumbnails to see them all. There are also LOTS of slides so the game can be played for 5 minutes or 20.
I've gotten several requests for sound, so now there are 2 versions of this game included in the download. One without sound (students have to identify the family each instrument belongs to), and one where students hear a clip and guess which instrument it is.
A favorite indoor recess game at my school is "4 Corners."
Students sneak to a corner by the count of 10 and another player with their eyes closed calls out a corner number and the players standing in that corner are out.
I've modified the game so that each corner is an instrument.
Instead of having an "it" person, you can just play the embedded audio timer clip. The next slide will show an instrument in every corner. The students standing in the corner that matches the instrument family labeled in the center of the slide are out.
This is a great way for students to practice identifying instruments and categorizing them to their families!
4 CORNERS BUNDLES
- 4 Corners Note & Rest Identification
- 4 Corners Ta, Ti-Ti Stick Notation
- 4 Corners Quarter Note & 8th Notes-Standard Notation
- 4 Corners Ta, Ti-Ti, Z-Stick Notation
- 4 Corners Quarter Note/Rest & 8th Notes-Standard Notation
- 4 Corners Half Notes-Stick Notation
- 4 Corners Half Notes-Standard Notation
- 4 Corners Sixteenth Notes-Stick Notation
- 4 Corners Sixteenth Notes-Standard Notation
- 4 Corners Syncopa-Standard Notation
- 4 Corners Syncopa-Stick Notation
- 4 Corners Ti-Tika-Standard Notation
- 4 Corners Ti-Tika-Stick Notation
- 4 Corners Tika-Ti-Standard Notation
- 4 Corners Tika-Ti-Stick Notation
- 4 Corners Tam Ti-Standard Notation
- 4 Corners Tam Ti Stick Notation
- 4 Corners Timka Standard Notation
- 4 Corners Timka Stick Notation
Notes on the Staff
More Musical Elements
- 4 Corners, 4 Voices
- 4 Corners Dynamics
- 4 Corners Tempo
- 4 Corners Instrument Families
- 4 Corners Intervals: Step, Skip, Leap, Repeat
Thanks for stopping by!