Do you need a set of fun worksheets to learn about Musical Instruments Families? This set of 10 puzzles is available in PRINTABLE and ONLINE DIGITAL Versions. All of the major instrument families - Strings, Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion, and Keyboard are included. Activities are perfect for SUB LESSONS.
These puzzles may be printed as standard worksheets or assigned with Google Classroom and completed online using the TpT Digital Tool! Click for more about Getting Started with TpT Digital Activities.
These puzzles are more effective when paired with instrumental performances. With so many great performances on YouTube, it is easy to provide quality, engaging examples. If you do not have time to find your own, this lesson includes a link to a post on my blog where you can access ThingLink videos presented by instrument families at no additional charge.
Each helpful puzzle set may be used as . . .
- Sub activities
- Introduce instrument unit
- Reinforce musical instrument vocabulary
- Constructive fill-in activities when you are caught between units
- Pair with musical performance demonstrations (online or in person)
- Motivation for “fast finishers” who have completed assignment
- Wrap up instrument unit
- Meet the Woodwind Instruments
- Meet the Brass Instruments
- Meet the String Instruments
- Meet the Percussion Instruments
- Instrument Family Playing Cards
- FREE Brass Family Word Search & Crossword
- Musical Instrument Families Word Search & Crossword Puzzles
- Music Puzzles Break the Code BUNDLE
If you are looking for music reading & performing lessons using iconic and standard music notation, you may be interested in the lessons below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, RE, Mi + So
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.