Use this 36 page download featuring mustached monsters to address crucial reading comprehension and language that so many children struggle with.
*Please note that this product has the SAME PASSAGES as one of my older products called "Monsters Language University."
Activities address the reading & responding/language skills of main idea, making inferences, responding to text in general, summarizing, and using context clues.
These can be used with a whole class, for one-on-one intervention or small group instruction.
Common Core Standards aligned with these activities are included in this download. Also included are:
- instructions for multiple ways to play as well as suggestions for
- 1 printable game board
- 5 reference cards to use for teaching skills (similar to anchor chart)
- 80 leveled reading passages for students to respond to
- 16 passages for main idea
- 16 passages for making inferences
- 16 passages for using context clues to decipher unknown words
- 16 passages for summarizing
- 16 passages to respond in general to text (compare/contrast, make
predictions, recall details, give opinions, etc).
- sorting mats for each skill- perfect for self-assessment
- make your own monsters dice/spinner
- everything you need for phonics fun - just print, cut and play!
Address multiple skills by playing Mustache Monster Party! The first player to get every monster (1 card of each skill) to the party wins!
Address 1 or more skills of your choice in isolation by using the 80 short passages along with the included sorting mats or the board game (detailed instructions included).
I hope these passages will serve you for years to come!
Thanks for stopping by my shop!
For more from me check out
Follow me on Facebook for exclusive freebies and fun!