Also included in
- Google Slides activities, Google Forms Quiz and Doodle Notes for Mutations! This bundle is zero prep and maximum engagement. Custom clipart is used to help students easily visualize how mutations impact the proteins synthesized in a cell.Students will work through the impact of a mutation by changin$9.99$12.98Save $2.99
- An engaging unit covering: Structure of DNA, DNA Replication, Protein Synthesis, Mutations and Regulation of Gene Expression. These Google Slides activities are interactive and ready to use, with minimal prep & maximum engagement! There are full animated answers and self-grading quizzes for ever$31.95$39.95Save $8.00
- Get extra savings with my big bundle for the DNA Unit. Packed with engaging Digital INB activities for Google Slides, fun Doodle Notes and Google Forms Quizzes to check progress, this bundle is an amazing addition to any curriculum. Your students will love the unique illustrations that bring this to$45.99$62.90Save $16.91
Let your students work out the effects of mutations themselves, by building their own mutated DNA and mRNA strands and then working out how the amino acids are affected. This is a great way to embed deep understanding of mutations and the effects they have on proteins. These Google Slides activities are clearly explained, with follow-up tasks like true or false and matching chromosomal mutations to pictures of these.
Animated answer slides are included so you can ask students for their thoughts before revealing the correct answer. Alternatively, you can easily upload the answers to Google Classroom for students to self-check their work.
There is a Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress - it's self grading, so there's no extra work involved.
>>> Check out the preview to see more details!
- DNA mutations: substitution, insertion and deletion
- Effects of mutations: silent mutations, nonsense mutations, missense mutations - see note below
- Chromosomal mutations: aneuploidy, translocation, duplication, inversion and deletion
***PLEASE NOTE: your students must have covered protein synthesis (transcription and translation) to be able to access and understand this lesson - if you haven't covered this yet, you can ***
My Mutations Digital INB & Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 17 slides of challenging activities - a passage of text to highlight key information, drag and drop to build mutated DNA and mRNA strands, using a codon chart to work out the impact on amino acids, true or false, chromosomal mutations wordfill (two versions for differentiation) and more!
- Answers: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some of the questions
- Teacher guidance: how to assign and use this resource
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides. Most clipart, questions and instructions are secured and cannot be edited/moved. Any moveable pieces of clipart must not be extracted. Answers can be edited.
If you like this, you may also enjoy:
⭐⭐⭐ Follow my store by ! ⭐⭐⭐