Mutations and Mutagens. This 21 slide lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the Power Point) and a student lesson handout as a word document. The Power Point is fun and and applicable with FOUR videos embedded right into the Power Point slides and TWO included worksheets.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the PowerPoint
- The student version of the PowerPoint
- Two mutations worksheets
- Multiple videos embedded directly onto the slides
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
- Mutations overview
- Small-scale mutations
- Missense mutations
- Nonsense mutations
- Silent mutations
- Frameshift mutations
- Large scale mutations
Within my Molecular Genetics Unit you can also find the following lessons
- Lesson 1 - Genetic Material - DNA and RNA
- Lesson 2 - DNA Replication and Repair
- Lesson 3 - DNA Organization and Aging
- Lesson 4 - Transcription - DNA Replication
- Lesson 5 - Translation - Protein Synthesis
- Lesson 6 - Mutations and Mutagens
- Lesson 7 - Viruses in Bio Technology
- Lesson 8 - DNA Manipulation
- Lesson 9 - PCR and Gel Electrophoresis
- Lesson 10 - Biotechnology and Health
- "Excellent! Very comprehensive overview"
- "Very helpful, thanks!"
- "Excellent. Thank you for sharing."
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy
for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.