MvM Battle Star is a SMART Notebook Game.
Divide the class into 6 teams or less.
Give every team a MvM Battle Star Plan Sheet.
Have every team choose 4 coordinates to hide/place their ships secretly.
The teacher will create a master list of all the team's ship locations.
3 ways to play.
- (Easy) The teacher will reveal all the team's space ships by placing their ship icons onto the battle field.
- (Medium) A Radar Blip is placed onto the battle field instead of individual team's space ships. This way no other team knows whose ship belongs to who.
- (Hard) No ship is placed onto the battle field. The team's have to guess where the other team's ships are.
(X AND Y Coordinates GAME)
- Teams take turns to call out an x and y coordinate.
- Once a coordinate is called, the teacher will reveal if it is a hit or a miss.
- If you are playing the medium/hard way, drag the team's ship that was hit onto the coordinate and then drag an explosion animation over that ship. Tap the explosion pic to trigger the animation.
(SLOPE AND Y-INTERCEPT GAME)
- Teams take turns to call out a y-intercept and slope.
- Once a y-intercept and slope is called, place an ammunition beam onto the field, place one end at the y-intercept and stretch the other end according to the slope that was called.
- If the beam's linear path hits a ship, that ship is blown up. If you are playing the medium/hard way, drag the exploding team's ship to the location of the hit to reveal which team was hit and then drag the explosion animation over that ship and tap it to trigger the animation.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License