This is a fantastic Math based project that teaches the students all about Area & Perimeter in a fun and engaging manner.
This project will run over an extended time period using multiple lessons to develop student knowledge in a variety of areas including:
- Drawing and measuring straight lines on graph paper
- Calculating Area & Perimeter of basic squares
- Colour coding and the purpose of keys on maps
- Multiplication and application to real life examples using money
- Research of Australian Animals and their habitats
- Persuasive and informative writing
- Written presentation skills
- Oral presentation skills
My students have thoroughly enjoyed creating their own zoo's and barely recognize the new skills that they are learning along the way.
This pack contains an entire semester booklet ready to print including instructions, checklists, grid paper, assessment rubric and extra pages for mathematical workings.
I hope you students love this product as much as mine did and I look forward to hearing any feedback