There are times throughout the year when it seems like your classes just aren’t going right. You are working hard on your lessons, thinking of engaging applications, and even trying to add choice into assessments… but somehow it seems you can’t go a few minutes without your classes interrupting, being distracting, or neglecting their work. I’m guessing if you’re here, behavior in your classroom is hindering your ability to get what you need to complete.
The chain competition has been my solution to help solve my classroom's behavior management problems.
Included in this purchase:
- Chain strips to be printed on different colored paper for each class. I recommend printing several copies so you can print them once and not have to do it again!
- Attached labels that you can use to store these strips for your use!
- A sign to “hype” your classroom up, announcing the start of the competition.
- Guidelines that you may pass out to your classes.
- Brainstorm worksheet that students can use to think of classroom improvements.
See https://mrsmiddleschool.com/2019/03/18/my-very-best-whole-class-behavior-management-strategy/ to read more about how this can transform your classroom.