Looking for a new behavior management system or need to beef-up your existing one? Try "My Best Day! Behavior Management Kit". This is a simple, tally-based system that focuses on common behavioral issues among primary-aged students. My Best Day! is different, because it:
1. Provides students with instant feedback about their behavior.
2. Focuses on specific behaviors.
3. Is an excellent tool for gathering data for parents, counselors, and other stakeholders.
4. Provides ways to set individual and class goals.
5. Is customizable to meet your class' unique needs.
6. Works with your existing behavior system or alone.
7. Can be used for positive consequences and rewards.
8. Includes an optional form for whole-class data-gathering.
9. Helps students maintain dignity by keeping tallies more private.
10. Even includes a script with specific talking points for discussing the system with parents and caregivers!
After trying many different behavior management systems in my first-grade classroom, I developed "My Best Day". It became my sole behavioral system, because it gives me insight into the strengths and weaknesses of my students' behavior, strong data to share with parents, instant feedback to my students, and allows them to set goals and feel more in control.
(My Best Day! sheets also give great information about what the day was like when a substitute visits.)
I believe so strongly in the rationale behind this system that I'm providing it for free! I hope you find success with it, too.
Follow me on Teachers Pay Teachers, or "like" me on Facebook at "Print, Teach, Love!"
Thanks for visiting and happy teaching!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License