Here's a fun way to practice reading, spelling, and writing. All the words in this book are CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words.
These puzzles cover the following word families:
-at, -ad, -ed, -et, -in, -ig, -op, -ot, -un, -ug
There are many fun ways to use this product:
1. Cut vertical strips to make each puzzle. Leave the letters attached to the pictures.
2. For an extra challenge, cut the letters, so they are no longer attached to the pictures.
3. You may save the pieces for reuse or have your students glue them to construction paper.
4. To practice handwriting and spelling, glue the pieces onto handwriting paper (included). Write the words individually, or have your students write sentences that use the spelling words.
5. Use the provided templates to create "My Book of Rhymes." Cut the puzzle pieces and glue them to the templates. Write words or sentences.
To make the book, fold each paper in half. Fold in such a way that you can still see the printed sides. Put the pages in the correct order and staple the open sides together.
Make one book for each word family, so all the puzzles in the book rhyme.
Check out more Red Level
books, including Phonics and Sight Words: Pre-Primer
Also take a look at the next level of puzzles, Phonics Puzzles
Copyright © 2015 Sharon J. Miller