Note: This product is meant to be used after students read the book.
Students solve this puzzle by providing synonyms or antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from MY BROTHER SAM IS DEAD.
Examples of clues:
MEDDLE : intrude :: SHIRK : ___ (avoid)--synonym analogy
MODEST : bragging :: GAUDY : ___ (plain)--antonym analogy
A fun way to learn vocabulary!
NOTE: This puzzle contains the 25 Words to Know from MY BROTHER SAM IS DEAD edition of Bookmarks Plus.
My Brother Sam Is Dead edition of Bookmarks Plus—Handy reading aid!
Use both to reinforce meaning!
Here are my unique products over MY BROTHER SAM IS DEAD—view them in my store! Most are great filler activities—just right for after tests, between lessons, at the end class.
* Bookmarks Plus: MY BROTHER SAM IS DEAD edition—A Very Handy Reading Aid!Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* MY BROTHER SAM IS DEAD: 2 Word Searches with Hidden Messages
Categories: Towns; Famous People; Political/Military Organizations
* MY BROTHER SAM IS DEAD: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—A Good Spelling Workout!
Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
* MY BROTHER SAM IS DEAD: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
* MY BROTHER SAM IS DEAD: Fill-In Puzzle—Good Trial and Error Exercise! Great spelling workout! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
MY BROTHER SAM IS DEAD: Synonym/Antonym Analogy Crossword—Fun and Challenging! Students complete analogies containing challenging words. Good practice for standardized tests!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!