Students apply what they have learned about California History, by writing a journal from the perspective of a Californian explorer. This project works perfectly as a cumulation about a unit about California's explorers. It makes a great assessment, as it clearly shows student understanding of the material.
This project is a great way to incorporate both Social Studies and Writing in one fun unit. Kids love it!
- A Character Sheet
- Description of Ship and Crew
- Several Journal Entry Pages
- A Map of a Discovered Area
- A California Map to map the trip taken by the ships
- A log describing the encountered Native American tribes
- A log of new plants/animals/landmarks discovered.
Don't teach California History? Buy the more generalized version of this project:
Explorer Clipart by: OZ Curriculum HQ
Border by Itty Bitty Teacher