This is an open-ended project designed to integrate school camp and mathematics. It can be used as a whole project with your class, or else it could be given at different times to fit in with your current topics and concepts.
Students will need to use creative thinking and problem solving as they work their way through a variety of challenges, including:
- converting time through song playlists
- creating timetables for activity groups (using 24 hour time)
- investigating and solving combinations...using dessert
- using real world fractions and ratios while creating camp menus
- creating routes to camp with compass directions, street names and possible landmarks included (supplemented through Google Earth or Maps)
- plus more!