Students with special needs need to be exposed to every facet of our community and its importance. This is yet another week added onto the many weeks of mini units about community locations.
A brief description of a Zoo. This product goes through what a student will see if they visit a zoo. It also describes some of the attractions, rides, and places to eat or rest.
1. Description of a Zoo
2. Description of four different zoo types
3. Comprehension questions based on zoo and zoo types
4. Brief descriptions of what students will see at the zoo
5. Comprehension questions ( four sets, one for each set of descriptions) There are two versions depending on students skill level. Fill in the blank or circle multiple choice
6. Vocabulary cards with pictures
1. Picture to picture match
2. Picture to word match
3. Label the picture with word bank
4. Handwriting Practice
8. Scavenger hunt for a zoo trip
9. Match the animal to its habitat (there are two of these)
You can use this as a cut and paste activity or laminate the answer sheets and add velcro to use this as an activity while teaching the whole unit.
10. Following the directions color sheets- find all the animals and color, and color what the directions as for.