Students with special needs need to be exposed to every facet of our community and its importance. This is the beginning of a two month unit covering Places in My Community. Each week a new location will be added to my store.
A brief description of the Fire Station, what one looks like, who works in it, and what type of equipment can be found inside of it.
1. Flash cards
2. Picture to picture matching
3. Picture to word matching
4. Label the picture with word bank
5. Handwriting practice using vocabulary words
6. Scavenger hunt page for a Fire Station visit
5. Comprehension Questions
6. Label me Fire Station pictures
7. Emergency or not worksheet
8. Calling 911 Task Analysis
9. Explaining an Emergency Task Analysis
More to come....
Next week the Police Station, the following week the Library. Stay Tuned!