Students with special needs need to be exposed to every facet of our community and its importance. This is the third week of a unit covering Places in My Community.
The Library! Within this mini lesson students will read a brief explanation of the library and what they will see inside of a library. The library can be an exciting and confusing place to visit. There are new rules and guidelines to follow that some students may be confused by. It can also be an exciting opportunity for individuals to experience, but some students may not be aware of all the wonderful things a library has to offer.
1. Brief explanation of the library
2. Exploring what you will see in the library
3. Vocabulary words
4. Picture to picture matching
5. Picture to word matching
6. Label the vocabulary word
7. Handwriting practice using vocabulary words
8. Scavenger Hunt for a library visit
9. Comprehension questions with multiple choice picture answers
10. Comprehension questions with fill in answer area