Learning about community will be an interactive and memorable experience as your students create a keepsake scrapbook full of their own drawings, magazine cut outs, photos, and more!
Activities and pages included in this rockin' project:
1. Adorable cover page :)
2. "On the Map"--students will glue a map of their state or draw their state, and label their city.
3. "Home Sweet Home"--students will learn to memorize their home address as they write it on the envelope and add a photo or hand drawn picture of their home!
4. "Let's Go Out to Eat"-- students will add drawings, menus, or clippings from restaurant bags to the boxes provided, and write about their favorite local restaurant.
5. "Shop 'Til You Drop"--students will glue a paper sack to the page, and "shop" for food in magazines! They will also draw or add clippings of logos from local stores.
6. "Doctor, Doctor..." --after discussing the importance of doctors in the community, students will draw their own doctor, and then fill up a "First Aid Kit" with cotton swabs, band-aids, cotton balls, etc.
7. "In Case of Emergency"--students will learn about 9-1-1, and draw police cars, fire engines, and add any other special tokens (like stickers) provided by your local police/fire departments!
8. "Life is a Highway"--students will create construction paper cars to add to the road as they discuss a major road in their community. They will also get to design their own driver's license! Too cool.
9. "My Cool School"--students will draw or add a photo of you (their teacher) and a photo of their school!
This scrapbook also comes with teacher directions, and photos of a finished example to help you out! This is a very easy project that will make your community unit the best one yet!