Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This resource has everything you need to teach My Father's Dragon, a Common Core Text Exemplar and my favorite book for third grade! Included are activities and materials to support and deepen comprehension, improve vocabulary and fluency, craft an opinion piece, and wrap up the reading with fun extension activities. I've aligned the unit to the CCSS for third grade, but it can also be used with second and fourth grade students for whom the reading level is appropriate.
Try FREE chapter one resources for My Father's Dragon by clicking HERE!
For a closer look at the materials included in this resource, please see the PREVIEWS above.
MATERIALS INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE:
★ Comprehension Resources
• Comprehension questions for each chapter to use as discussion questions for group work, worksheets for independent or partner work, or as chapter quizzes.
• Three graphic organizers for use throughout the novel
• Answer keys
★ Vocabulary Resources
• Word and picture cards for each chapter's vocabulary
• Graphic organizers and answer keys
• Interactive vocabulary activities to practice and cement new vocabulary
★ Reader's Theater for Fluency
• A passage from each chapter of My Father's Dragon, scripted for Reader's Theater (Such a fun and powerful way to build fluency!)
★ Extension Activities
• Character Trading Cards
• Post Card Home
• Book Charades
• The Grand Finale: An exciting whole class game modeled on a famous "question and answer" TV show--a fun way to conclude your study of the novel!
★ Writing: Response to Literature (Available ONLY as part of this bundle.)
•This provides an extended writing project, Response to Literature: Personal Opinion, for your students. Materials include Teacher Notes, graphic organizers to support the writing, and a self-reflection rubric to guide revision. Sample responses are included.
Thank you for your interest in my resources and activities for My Father's Dragon! If you have any questions, please contact me through the Product Q & A or Ask a Question tabs.
More literature and language resources your students will love!
Save money by building a custom bundle! It's like having your own private sale! Find more information HERE.
Don’t forget to leave feedback for your TpT purchases and earn credits to use for any future TpT purchases. I love feedback!
Thank you for looking! Please contact me through the "Ask A Question" tab if you have any questions.