I found that my students really enjoyed doing this project. Students will use Excel and its capabilities, to create and do advanced formatting on charts, tables, and images.
This project is an application of project based learning. The project is divided into 8 steps that are clearly illustrated.
This project is ideal for teachers to give their students the entire project or give just one step at a time for those classes that don’t meet regularly.
Students will get practice in:
• Using the internet to find images that are free from copyright restrictions
• Using Advanced Excel techniques to remove the background from images.
• Using the internet to find research their cookies, such as to their food nutritional value
• Creating a table in excel that requires the student to center and merge the title, wrap text for column title, and supply borders on both the inside and outside of the cells.
• Creating a Bar Chart in Excel that requires the students use advanced selection techniques to create a bar chart that includes a chart title and horizontal and vertical axis titles.
This is a high interest and engaging project.