Personal Narrative Writing Unit for 2nd and 3rd Graders aligned with Common Core.
This Personal Narrative Writing unit on My Halloween is filled with lesson plans, graphic organizers, and teacher samples. This writing project streamlines the writing process and supports students (2nd and 3rd grade) with writing five paragraph essays. Lesson plans are broken up day by day for 30 min. - 45 min. blocks. Teacher samples are provided for graphic organizers and final drafts.
Help your students become confident and successful writers with these easy to use graphic organizers. This writing unit takes students step-by-step through the writing process from brainstorming, planning, drafting, editing/revising, to creating a final draft. Graphic organizers and samples are organized to give teachers easy to follow tools to model for students. Graphic organizers provide structure to support Common core standards and guide students through the opinion writing process.
• 10 days worth of writing lesson plans
• Topic Selection Brainstorming page
• Focus-Storm page
• Sample Focus-Storm page
• Planning Page Graphic Organizer (with supporting transition words)
• Planning Page Graphic Organizer (without supporting transition words)
• Editable sample Rough Draft paper
• Revised sample Rough Draft paper
• Final Draft sample Rough Draft paper
• Editing Checklists
• Final Draft publishing paper (3 different graphics)
• “I can” Self Checklist
• Quick Rubric
Check out my blog for 21st teaching tips and strategies in an elementary classroom. You can also find more freebies! Copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Also, follow me on Facebook and Pinterest: