This unit is to help your students to understand how important it to know their heritage.
Included in these pages:
• My Family Tree
• Compare and Contrast Venn Chart
• K-W-L Chart
• A World Map to mark where your student’s cultural heritage began
• A calendar to work on years, months and days. Calendar Task Cards and
Answer Sheet. (Could be used in a center)
• Vocabulary Cards and Definitions
• A writing paper to write about a story they have heard from their parents or
• Extra vocabulary cards. Just put a Text Box and fill-in your own words.
In addition to the above:
• I would show pictures of toys from the past (artifacts) compared to toys today.
• Read several biographies of past people or books about them.
• Have students bring pictures from their families and share them with the class
OR have them make a Storyboard and share that with the class.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward TPT purchases and following me both on TPT and Pinterest!
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you so much,
Judy Somers, Nana’s Cleverness